Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas tree...

We spent the day visiting nurseries looking for trees and such to enhance our yard. We found an acacia tree and an olive tree for our front yard. We opted for the 15 gal size since they were a fraction of the cost of the bigger boys. We decided we have time to watch them grow at those prices. We also added a few fun desert palms and an elephant paw palm. From there we went to the Old Town Mexican Pottery shop and bought a couple of nice pots to use around the pool.

We were feeling like it was a successful day even tho I did not get to check off much on my to do list.  After dinner my man invited me to go along to Home Depot...again....sigh....

We also decided to look for our Christmas tree to finalize the festivities going on in our house. I am pretty sure he used that to get me in the car, oh and he invited Gracie along. That ALWAYS works!
I dont know what happened to us but we came home with this sweet baby instead of a noble fir.
Our pool is a lovely light blue so not sure why it matches the tree. I just didnt want you all to think ALGAE!

Its a BANANA TREE!! I am so excited to have found one and think it will look amazing in our yard...but its for sure not the Christmas tree I was searching for! Crazy kids!
We also had the cement/pavers guys by today and they said maybe the 12th which would be hopefully finished before Rande arrives on the 17th. I am feeling good about December even if I have to light up the banana tree~
We have a very busy weekend with Old Town art festival, golf, Christmas parade down Palm Canyon, neighborhood dinner party and hopefully we get some Christmas lights hung up outside. I'll let you know how it goes~

1 comment:

  1. Cute trees! I haven't picked up a Charlie Brown yet either. Now that the snow has been gone for almost two weeks, I've lost a lot of my Christmas spirit : / I think once some of my workload subsides I can focus more on the festivities again. Love you.

    ReplyDelete