Friday, February 17, 2012

coffee and a new post

I have been waiting until the front yard was completed to post again and then I had to wait two more days for the rain and gray skies to go away. I just hate wintery gray skies in my desert photos because the sky is simply too gorgeous blue the rest of the time. So here you have it...
Before....

....and now.

In order to keep our costs down we bought some of the smaller size plants so it will take a bit for the mature vision we have but you get the idea.  We did find out after moving our bouganvilleas that they go into serious shock quite easily but are hardy enough to come back. Well they are just plain pathetic looking right now and the waiting is hard for us to do. We would like to add a few more boulders and colorful plants here and there but basically we are done.Its the perfect low maintenance desert yard so we can go play or travel whenever we choose.
I have my fingers crossed the rock landscaping keeps some of the dust and sand from blowing into our house because dusting is a daily chore right now. I forgot how windy the desert can be and how often it kicks up.
We (Jerry) are now painting the guest room and simply amazed how dirty the walls are. What DID they do in this house before us? Yesterday we had new blinds put up in our mstr bdrm and they look so wonderful and clean. We had hoped the old ones would work for a while and immediately the pull cords broke on two of them. What the heck huh? That about does it with house projects for the moment.
We have company arriving Wed for a week so should get lots of golf, hiking and desert fun in then.
xo

2 comments:

  1. Who is coming for a week??
    I love getting new, clean stuff. Bought some brand new pans the other day & I just love the fresh non-stick, shiny look of them. Of course some of my roommates are already leaving them sitting out with egg or grease stuck to them. C'monnn you guyssss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really great! Still amazed at how much you guys (Jerry) are getting done so fast.
    I already can't wait to have my own house to fix up, I miss it. Another year or so for us I think.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete