Saturday, May 12, 2012

Back by popular demand

I must say I was rather surprised that a few of you were actually upset about me quitting so I am more than happy to carry on.  I do greatly appreciate your comments and feedback so please continue so I know you are out there!!

 I am delighted to post these photos because it was so incredibly amazing to see. We golfed on a local fancy golf course here in La Quinta called SilverRock. Actually some major golf tournaments are held here and for good reason...its drop dead gorgeous.
I however played terrible and had enough sand in my shoes to start up a new kitty litter box. The bunkers were what you would expect a meteor to leave behind. BIG and DEEP! I also managed to hit into most of the water features just because they were there. Good thing the scenery was so awesome!
As we approached one of the tee boxes that was what we saw! They took my breath away because we scour the mountains all winter looking for big horn sheep...and here we had 10 including babies right in front of us! So cool!

I know right? You are glad I was able to share this with you too!

So this morning I finished a big project and couldn't wait to share it with you. Ready?

  


I found these cool sticks while golfing...they thought I was looking for my ball!
Here is it cheering up our great room!
 I did a piece similar to this one on commission when we still lived in Gig Harbor. I thought it was a great piece when I finished it. Now that I have tried to somewhat recreate another I realize just how far I have come in my craft. My work has so much more detail and I am not afraid to experiment by adding materials I find in nature.  I feel good about my artistic growth and more self confident that I do possess a bit of talent even if I dont have an artist show.

I was motivated to finish this up because Rande and his band are suppose to arrive tonight after a show in Pomona. I need to rearrange my sewing room to make room for a blow up bed...poor guys have to be exhausted with the traveling they have been doing. They leave again tomorrow for a show in  San Diego so it will definitely be a quick stop. I am sure there will be pancakes all around in the morning which makes my man feel good. He makes the best ever...
Speaking of touring...Timothy was in Minneapolis this week and after some mom meddling and exchanging numbers he hooked up for beers with my fav MN kids Beth and Will. Beth and Timothy have not seen each other in probably 12-13 years when she was my babysitter for the boys. I thought it was funny she referred to him as a really cool kid. He is 6'2 and 24 yrs old so not much of a kid left in him but she is right he is very cool! <3

Remember me telling you I went to the doctor and she was slicing and dicing me up for biopsies? Well I had to return to get the sutures out on Wed. and one of the biopsies came back invasive cancer so now I need to have Mohs surgery to remove more of the skin. I must say I walked out and cried...its not like I am afraid I am going to die or anything. I think I just really felt stressed being caught between a dr I dont care for and a dr I have never met. Its not like I can say oh nevermind I'll think about it another day. I hate the idea of being one of those people missing chunks of skin everywhere because they keep getting sliced and diced over and over. I guess its not my call.
I have an appt with the new doctor this week and I'll let you know if I am going to live. I am thinking a neck lift would be perfect right now so that much less skin to worry about!
Thanks for dropping by and for asking me to continue writing.
Happy Mothers Day to all my mom friends. Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, so glad you're back (you weren't really gone that long) ; )
    I am awestruck by how beautiful it is there, you must be in heaven! The pictures you took are amazing.
    Glad to see that you made that beautiful desert piece for your own home, it's about time. It turned out wonderfully.
    What kind of skin cancer is this new one? I have an appt coming up in a month or so. I've had squamous cell twice as you know. It's not dangerous unless you let it go. Is that what you have this time? I know you don't like the idea of covering up out there in the desert but it is important! We both have so much past damage done that is seems like it shouldn't matter what we do now, but I think it does. Tan old people don't look that good anyway ; ) ( I know, you're saying "who's she calling old"?) We're only a little old....
    We had a lovely wkend here. The weather is what everyone around these parts lives for....sunny, warm and no humidity! We worked in the yard a bunch, planted stuff, cleaned up...put out a firepit, new umbrella etc. It looks nice now. We are hosting a party for Julianna's program on Sat. so it's good to get it all together. It is going to be in the low 80's for the coming wkend.
    So.....I'm off to get more Monday chores done.....how's that for a nice little reply, eh??
    Love and kisses cousin, keep up the good blog work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for good doctor news and am OH SO GLAD you are continuing your blog. I don't get to it very often but when I do - I completely catch up. I tried reaching Stefan when Timothy was in Mpls. but as has been true to his nature, he didn't even respond. I rarely hear from him and usually only after I've tried to connect with him about 10 times and finally get so fed up I threaten him!!! Don't know what he did to my son, he used to be really respectful about that stuff.
    I absolutely love your art and think maybe you should connect with a quilt shop or a community ed or whatever, and do workshops on how to create these masterpieces.
    We went fishing last night and had a lot of fun. We picked up Dave's dad on his dock and the three of us had lots of laughs, especially when the walleyes really started biting and I showed both of them up!!!
    5 more weeks till my summer bliss begins but I am going to really work at getting up and in to work earlier to extend my time at home at the end of the day. Must get the rest of the garden planted this week or all the plants I bought will not survive.
    I made table runners for our moms for Mother's Day, both turned out cute. I will send photos sometime soon. I forgot to take a pic of Carolyn's so will have to do that on a visit there.
    Miss you lots. Looking forward to your MN time this summer!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots from the golf course, and I love that quilt. You are a total desert kid again : )

    ReplyDelete