Friday, May 4, 2012

TGIF... I guess

You know your day is off to a sketchy start when you push the on button of your coffeemaker and there is silence. We have had a good run for my 12.99 but I wish he had given me a heads up on the check out date. While I am waiting for that first cup in the am is not the best time. I have been thinking I would really like one of those fancy Keurig one cup at a time makers. I realize they are more expensive but if I am the only one drinking coffee it kind of makes sense. Fine..I really want one because most of my friends have one and it looks cool.  WHAT?!

Can you believe its May already? I was going to post on May Day but I still have issues with that day from my childhood. It was a serious business then to do the baskets of flowers, ring the doorbell and giggle behind a tree. The worse part for me was the kids taking these beautiful bouquets to our teacher. What kiss ups...My mom was not a flower grower... which by the way is shocking because its her passion now. So I would show up for the school bus with a couple of dying geraniums with flowering weeds thrown in. I can still remember, (which is also surprising because I cant remember shit now) going to the back of the room and seeing my flowers in the trash can. Still feeling the pain...

I have discovered it rocks to make friends with the canadians in the hood. When it comes time to leave for their 6 months out of the US they bring all their food and drink to us! Sweet deal! Really sweet that my fav gf's son was just here for Coachella Fest with all of his friends and she wanted us to have the case of beer left. I have never heard of beer expiring (never sticks around long enough to go bad in our house!) but she seemed to think it would so fine with me!
We had a bbq their last night so send them off with good thoughts about us and anxious to come back in Nov. It is feeling kind of sad to see everyone slowly leaving the hood and our town. I can only relate it to a college graduation when you are not and watching everyone leave but your life continues on.


Here is a little piece I finished last month thinking I was still in the art show. I figure I can use it in my art festival booth if I ever...trying to think positive. 


This is the piece I am working on right now and my biggest problem is the fat cat lying on it. This happens the moment I leave my room and no matter how many times I toss him he comes back. I am baffled and definitely not pleased. I am going to have to buy the industrial size lint rollers if this continues.
My man went to SD on Mon. to see a couple of friends so I asked if he would check out a fabric store in Fallbrook that I use to shop at. Well he did and then rather than continue our discussion about what was there he handed me off to the owner. So we talked about what was wrong with my machine and easier ways to fix it. I also asked if she really didnt have any good sky fabric like JK said. She replied that she didnt and could not believe my man knew so much detail about my work. She was impressed and I felt proud.  I will admit though totally surprised because what I see when I am talking to him is so different. His eyes glaze over and I can tell he is picturing himself in his man cave and wishing my lips would stop moving so he can get back to impt stuff.
So it just goes to show if you say something enough times.. a man can piece it together to use later. Way to go babe!

Timothy and Rande have both been on the road touring with their perspective boy bands and both seem pretty darn tired from their schedules. I do not know how they do it nor do I care to try. I can say what Timothy is experiencing is as close to an airline job as you can get. Guess he really doesn't care to pursue that pilot position now!
Here is a sweet photo of T and K in the green room before a show at the Univ of Idaho. Ky seemed to really enjoy meeting Donald and the band and of course seeing his bro.
As a parent there is nothing more heart warming than to see your grown up kids choose to be friends.
Especially mine since remember we are that family of gypsies and never know when our paths will cross. Yeah.  I do wish we would hear from him occasionally about his adventure but maybe there simply is not enough down time or ...you choose the reason.

My neighbor Dave has gotten me hooked on the PBS series Downton Abbey and has been Netflexing us the disks this week so we can see season one. It is so entertaining and I just love the british humor.  We have to hurry tho because they will be leaving Tues for their 6 months in WA. I will miss them ~mostly Dave because he is this easy going laugh alot kind of guy. We are lucky in neighbors..ok well on one side for sure. I was able to get Jackie to stop the barking in the early hours which has been heavenly. Now my man is complaining the birds are chirping too loud...I am here to tell you retirement has a whole new set of challenges but we are definitely up to the job so no worries.
Thanks for dropping by.
Happy May! Oh and be sure to tell a mom.. any mom.. you love her!!



2 comments:

  1. I just realized that I didn't mention how much l like the new piece you posted...I love the water fall!
    Love the pic of the boys! I would never recognize Timothy with that big beard. Great that Ky went to see him.
    I have yet to see Downton Abbey, I want to. I heard it's great, Neal turned his nose up at the idea of watching it. I may have to watch it during the day with a cup of tea.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janet for the positive feedback on my work...its a sweet little piece only 12x18 i think so easy to tuck into a corner somewhere.
    I barely recognize Timothy either and the band all commented "oh this is how you would look without the beard upon meeting Ky!" I am not a fan of beards especially ungroomed ones but he didn't ask my opinion and is old enough to do as he pleases. Darn it! Not loving Ky's dark hair either but he is one to always want to change things up. I pay good money to have his blond in my hair so very baffling to me!
    I think you will love Downton Abbey and I will say Jerry rarely watched tv with me and when the show came on he watched every episode. Go figure! However it would be lovely while Neal is at work and its a stormy day outside! The history alone is worth watching.

    ReplyDelete