Wednesday, May 16, 2012

mom's day

Not a good photo of either of us but we are together and its mother's day.

 Well, Rande and the band arrived shortly before 0200 and spent some time in the hot tub before collapsing into the beds. I said it before but I don't know how they survive the touring life but then again I am not 24 with endless energy.
 My man whipped up pancakes and bacon for everyone once they surfaced and I drilled them with questions between bites. They all seem confident they are going to make it big any day now and seem to all be happy doing what they are doing. It was apparent they were on their last stop before going home and were missing gf`~ dog~ home.  The day was spent relaxing and enjoying the pool and sunshine and beers. What more could they need?! I must say Gracie loved having this much action in her pool and spent most of her day hanging with the band.

Craig Grace Matt and Rande
Grace kicking Gauntlet Hair butt in the dog paddle!
Remember my guitar I placed on a stand for that occasional visitor that liked to play?! Here is Andy
making beautiful music on my guitar! 'If you display it a band will come play it'!


Last but not least is a photo of my daughter wanting to run away with the band. I only had sons to avoid this happening and yet even my sweet pup could not resist musicians and the road. Such a glamorous lifestyle!

It was a most unusual mother's day and yet I wouldn't change a thing. A house full of boys is always  my idea of a good time. It was also wonderful to see Rande and share the projects we have accomplished since Christmas. Of my sons, Rande was always the one that wanted to have his friends come over. "Instaparty!" I guess nothing has changed and I am glad.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend as well~

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to celebrate with a house full of boys....my favorite!!!
    Rande looks so much like jim and nick in the last photo in the van, absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Grace was such an avid swimmer these days. She's come a long way.

    ReplyDelete