Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Begin again

I have been feeling badly that I have not updated lately but my life seems so boring now. We left Alexandria on Friday and drove 1900+ miles in three days to Palm Springs without a hitch. Buster and Grace were the perfect travelers but we were all very happy to get out of the car! We are staying at my mom's while we tackle our new house in La Quinta. It has been abandoned for probably two years so you can imagine the dust, dirt, cobwebs and grime. My man's day was in the garages cleaning and hosing them out so we can paint them before all our stuff arrives. My day was in the house cleaning every surface and cupboard and trying to make it livable. Jerry had set off bug bombs the night before so I had quite a few bodies to vacuum up. They call them date beetles in the desert and cockroaches in NY...either name they are gross and plentiful.  We have had several bumps in the road like having to rekey locks, no mail box keys, one of the AC control boxes was stolen since we bought it so no AC in bdrms, most of the fans are gone~ you know the usual move in issues. It reached 109 yesterday and I will admit I struggled with the heat and looked a bit tomatoy red. Hopefully it will begin to cool down soon and October will be beautiful.
The very best news is Rande and Timothy have both offered to help us move! So I have been buying airline tickets and coordinating getting them all in the same place at the same time. I am over the moon that I will not be the chick in the Penske truck driving down the coast. Today I am driving over to Fallbrook where we left the Westy full of possessions and leave keys for Timothy to bring it over. It feels like things are coming together but its definitely a different move from any other. I am anxious to begin again and wake up in my own bed not wondering where I am today.

Our new address is 48140 Big Horn Dr
                                La Quinta CA 92253
Come see us!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to point out that I also offered to help with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet son...I hope you realize life is not a popularity contest to be won by the most worthy deeds. I was only commenting how grateful I am that they both stepped up to help at a time we could really use it. Of course you would also help if you had time. Chill my boy.

    ReplyDelete