Monday, September 12, 2011

last week of lake life...

We are so happy we stayed another week..the weather has been perfect and we have had lots of good times. Some friends called up Friday at 930 telling us to be on our dock they were on their way. They had been lake partying for a few hours and decided they needed us along. We floated out amongst the stars and full moon until almost midnight. When we were finally slipping into bed they called and said "get back outside! northern lights!"  I cannot recollect seeing them before and its a rare opportunity I hear. Simply amazing to be out on the dock in the middle of the night watching a light show provided by nature. Awesome night!
Nervous nellie in the boat.

The captain of my ship
I had to include a shot of our old house still so adorable to me!

So cute all grooming themselves!

We have our lovely fishing boat for the week and we have been doing serious lake cruising. Its just a wonderful day to putt along looking at homes, boats and waving to friends.  Also just beginning to see
the fall colors coming out and its absolutely beautiful~We also had the great pleasure of boating by 14 loons in one trip! Lu lu lu luuuuu! (I am famous for my authentic loon call!)

Yesterday we met up with our friends and rode bikes together for a total of 32 miles. I was feeling pretty proud of myself for improving my distance until I heard my friend rode another 100 today. Go Sally go! My man and I were more than happy to hop in the boat for lake cruising instead! I like to remind myself we are on vacation and need to pace ourselves. :^>

No comments:

Post a Comment