Saturday, November 5, 2011

garage=house


Entry and office...


Well the men (Jerry and John) arrived home from Minnesota ready to spruce up the garage with the fancy pants epoxy treatment. While I am in favor of anything that makes my man happier and feel at home, this one caught me by surprise a bit. EVERYTHING in the garage came into the house and patio and seriously those garages were still full of boxes, etc. I have been working so hard to turn this into home, with everything in its place, that this kind of brought a tear to my eye.
So here is what our place looks like now! I admit it is extremely difficult to find what you are looking for but I am also taking advantage of this time to continue to unpack and toss.























 
My cute workermen before the job lining things up!
What it looks like now~but still drying...
They even added anti skid just for me since I fall so often! :^<
The latest is that its not drying quite the way it should be due to cement or desert weather...so instead of everything being back in the garage last night...it will be another week. We need to do a clear coat to really seal it on Monday and then wait another 3 days to dry. Again a few tears I guess because I have been living the messy confused life for so long now. It will all be fine and I can reach the wine rack AND beer drawer so I guess there really isn't a problem!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I was so shocked to see all that stuff!! You have a lot of stuff!! but then when I saw how nice the floor looked in the garage I decided it was worth it. I would never in my life think of doing anything with a garage floor. Other than how nice it looks what is the point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason we have so much stuff is we have never had to split up like most of our friends. Jerry has a ton of handyman stuff from building our CO house and I have lots of seasonal decorations. I dont know~its not a good thing and we are trying to eliminate. As for the garage floor...its a man thing. I personally would have been fine with cement but if it makes it feel better to JK~go for it.

    ReplyDelete