Tuesday, November 1, 2011

house update...

This photo is suppose to be below but refuses to move~ so fine...whatever!
I have been meaning to share a few photo updates with before and after shots but honestly I really should have  planned this better BEFORE. I seem to have very few before pics so difficult to show the improvements fairly. Everything seems to happen so fast I dont think to myself 'get a photo before it looks good!'
Dining room before

Dining room now
Great room before and with ugly shelves

Before but after we removed shelves

Sewing room before
I found cloth cubbies for my fabrics color coordinated!
There are other rooms to show you but I seem to be in a fight with the photo downloader and it wins...today. Everyday we get more done and more pictures on the walls and less clutter. I think the only thing I find fault with is I am too short for the house. Remember when you had little tyke stools everywhere so the kids could reach stuff? Well I have stools in every room almost because I cannot reach beyond the 2nd shelf. Perfect house for the boys for sure but its an adjustment for us shorter folks.
Happy November! I am going to start making calls to see if I can find a few orphans to fill up our table. I just hate holiday dinners without lots of people. You are all invited!
My man has been in MN doing the big halloween extravaganza and having a great time. I will be picking him up with John tonight and they plan to spend the week working on the garages. You know that fancy epoxy on the floors and shelves on the walls kind of thing. I am excited about any projects that help us feel organized. I am also anxious for the creative force to begin within me. I go in that soft soothing sewing room and nothing comes out of me. I am hoping its my mind feeling overwhelmed with all the to do list items and it simply cant think creatively. I feel like the poster child for ADD because I stop the task on hand everytime I enter a room and see something else that needs to be done. Yesterday I went to the nursery and bought lots of flowering plants and filled all the pots we moved here. Nothing says home more than sitting outside with the scents and colors of flowers. I even potted 2 gardenias and I cannot wait to enjoy their intoxicating perfume!
Time to get busy...

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful! I can't believe how great it is with the shelves down. What did you do about the carpet under the shelves being different? I also really like the color on the walls. Online it looks a little apricot...is it really a yellow? Very pretty
    You've done a ton...makes me worry about getting stuff done in our new house. Yikes, so much work to make it your own! And of course we won't be painting or anything being a rental.
    Looks like a fantastic and warm home to me. Congrats!
    j

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure have a knack for major home improvements. I'm a big fan of all the changes. I'm truly surprised Miss Grace did not sneak her way into more than one picture, as she is notoriously apt to do.

    Were you able to conjure any images up for the ice skating scene? Let me know if you need more of any of those patterns. Good luck staying focused, heheh

    ReplyDelete