Friday, March 23, 2012

Box Canyon hike

A few weeks ago we packed up and headed out for an unknown hike. We had JB and TK here needing a little stand up time after all the tiling. Jammie and Wolfgang arrived around noon and off we went.
Our neighbor loaned us the best book about hiking around here and I am pretty sure TK is carrying it in most of his photos. In fact we had our friend Janna from CO, (a very serious hiker for sure!) here last weekend and the book went on a different hike with her!
We hiked the Painted Canyon/Ladder Canyon loop which is about 5 miles. The desert heat was not a problem because the canyons were all relatively cool and of course we were only in March.
Cute explorers!
So much more fun than laying tile!
Happy kids!

The gang~
Its difficult sometimes to capture the beauty of nature and this was one of those days. I was amazed at every corner how beautiful it was and how blessed I was to spend the day there with my fam.
I hope if any of you come to visit we are able to repeat this day over and over.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! It reminds me of Utah a bit. Happy hiking!!!

    ReplyDelete