Friday, April 20, 2012

heating up

We are finally reaching the 100 degree mark and it takes a bit to adjust such as walking early and late, less clothing, swimming more, drinking more...The good news is our pool has reached 82 today with just sunshine to heat it. Very refreshing and fun to finally use it more often.
Since my last post we have been very busy and that is always a good thing. Jerry is installing insulation behind our metal garage door to help keep the western sun from heating up the garage so much. Of course now he needs a stronger opener because our cheap one is struggling with the additional weight. Every project has a follow up fixer it seems. We finally replaced the carpet in the house and while it is lighter than I thought we decided on...(who can tell from some little square sample?!) It does looks so much better. First of all it lightened up the rooms and basically just feels cleaner.
The office
I realize my before and afters arent exactly in sync but you get the idea.  Grace and Wolfgang do not love the new carpet because now they can no longer play their chase around the couch games. 'Inside behavior' is never as much fun.
 Found some perfect cushions for my new seating area but have yet to have anyone sit here.
My man has been unpacking and our remote control boat got the chance to sail! It misses the lake in MN but still looks wonderful in just a pool.
It was a wonderful day for me to see roses in bloom on five of my plants! So glad they are all making it after such a rough start!
We had Timothy and Jammie in and out last weekend for Coachella Fest and it was miserable cold weather. Timothy left after the performance on Sat for the east coast and then Ingerlise arrived! I think I am ready for a maid's position in a resort I can turn around guests so fast! We had signed up for a cowboy roundup golf tournament and of course went overboard on our golf outfits.
My man and his hero! Isn't this just too cute?!
It is NOT possible to golf in cowboy boots without slipping on your butt!

The good news is we came in 3rd and won 2 bottles of tequilla! How well they know us!
Ingerlise returned to the soggy NW and our temps are rising. There will be some serious beer drinking going on at Coachella Fest this weekend! We are going golfing this evening (I feel some whining about being too hot coming on) and a closing night luau tomorrow night so hopefully we run into Timothy and Jammie at some point. They are going to take advantage of being able to see shows for free as they should. Geez ...300.00 for a weekend pass...crazy!
I have not been sewing lately but hope to start up again when there is less going on.  I figure its the perfect too hot outside thing to do.  I guess deep down I am relieved to not be doing the Seattle show because I no longer feel the pressure to produce. I also dont have the high of thinking I might be a success at something. Life is trade offs I guess.
Last night Grace, Buster and I were laying in bed reading... actually only I was reading. All of a sudden there is some kind of crazy noise coming from outside actually scaring the cat it was so loud.  So the three of us keep looking at each other wondering what the heck?..picture Gracie wearing her perked mickey mouse ears listening. Well... turns out its just our neighbor taking her 'action' outside and loving it. It felt like we were listening to Meg Ryan fake the big one in Harry and Sally... and oh so awkward! Seriously where does one go to not listen and who knew her short bald bf was that hot?!?! Life is good!
Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

  1. What????? I'm reading the whole thing thinking about all these interesting points to respond to but you end with the neighbor having loud sex outside so that all the neighbors can hear??? WTF??? Who does that?? Good lord! If, I were to go out in the yard for such activity I would at least try to keep it down some...don't you think?
    Life does look good for you guys, glad you're enjoying yourselves! Jerry does look good all "Duked" out!
    The carpet is beautiful...I don't understand why the pets can't play the chase game anymore??
    xoxo
    j

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? I was in my bdrm at the other side of our house and could hear her! Buster thought some wild animal was coming for him! haha Seriously I couldnt even fake the noises she was making. OK fine maybe a little jealous!
    The carpet people said we need to watch out for pet toenails catching the berber loops because they will just pull a whole row out. Grace and Wolfgang both like to run around our couch as fast as they can and its a bit worrisome now. Definitely some pros for havin crappy carpet you dont care about.
    Thanks for being my best/only reader! I have friends that say oh I cant be taking the time to read your blog yet they think nothing of wasting time on fb or pinterest. I love reading people's blogs~its like a personal letter into their life. I dont know Holly but look fwd to her blog and Jaynie updates. I guess you and I are more alike than we know. See you this summer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL about the neighbor sex. My goodness, I would be so self-conscious! Obviously other people can hear you. I may have done it once in a communal bathroom (behind a curtain), where other people were walking in & out, and I was so nervous, I don't think I made a single peep. Don't really like those kind of situations, but whatever floats your boat.

    I LOVE the cowboy get-ups. Papa & the Duke! I am gonna share that one on fb : )

    Can I sit in your chairs? Your view is so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, that first part was TMI. My point was I'm always paranoid about being overheard & would be mortified to do it in public, but apparently not everyone feels that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well she sure didn't! It felt awkward the next day to run into her and not comment "WHOA babe way to get it on!" We are not really friends tho so I zipped it! Sometimes its fun to be crazy and get away with something but shhhh!

    ReplyDelete