Thursday, April 5, 2012

Been a while...

I had to go back and read my last post its been so long I had no idea what you already knew!
My friend did need surgery so they quickly packed up and headed back to MN and unfortunately we did not get a chance to see them again. A little know fact is people from MN are not good about staying in touch. At all. I have had my heart hurt while learning this and now know not to take it personal. I will be sad if we don't stay in touch with these new friends but deep down I am expecting it.
I received a call from my only Pagosa Springs friend and she was on her way back to CO after visiting her son in LA. She asked if she could come spend a couple of nights and of course we said yes. It was so great to catch up with her and just be in her presence. She is an amazing woman with endless energy and such a positive outlook on life.
Grace smothering yet another guest!

I wish I looked as fit and young as her but not going to happen so I just enjoy her friendship and marvel in her accomplishments.
We had Timothy and Jammie (and of course Wolfgang) come over for a visit and spend the night. They brought an awful lot of laundry but I am hoping that was not the reason for the visit. :^< We did bbq ribs one night and steaks the other...that boy is quiet and yet so capable of getting what he wants! lol  JK and I commented when they left it was so fun to see Timothy horse around in the pool with the dogs and just have some fun. It seems coming here is always work for him and while we appreciate it we loved seeing him be silly as well.
 I would add a photo of Timothy and Jammie now but I guess we didn't take any. So here I am my first time in the pool using my birthday float and drinking a beer Timothy made. I know right? Life is good!
Timothy left on Tues for Austin to re begin his tour with Childish Gambino but got caught in the DFW tornados. Very scary and frustrating but he finally made it there and my gf Gugi sent me this adorable photo of her dog Angel hiding from the tornados/lightening/hail/rain...they always go overboard in Texas!

She is such a crack up I just had to post this! Haha!

So today I have been cleaning and going thru stuff...its endless isnt it? I got so sad and frustrated going thru my sewing things because I have a boat load of things waiting for me to make for some wonderful grandchild. My friends all have them and it just seems so unfair that I wont. I have the house and yard all decorated for Easter and people keep saying 'Oh you must have grandkids coming!' Nope. I took down the eggs hanging in my tree and devastated the little boy down the street. Its not like I am begging my sons to hurry up especially when at least 2 of them dont want kids. I just think its one of lifes injustices and everyone has them. I will get over it someday or maybe some little kid without grandparents will find me.

Exciting news!! We are getting new carpet next week! I cannot wait because I think this will be the final improvement and make the whole house seem new, clean and ours. Photos to come! Woohoo!

Final note because I see wine being poured in the kitchen and I simply cannot resist. The watercolor artist was at the last show in Old Town and we spoke to him about his watercolor of Big Horn sheep. He had not had time to paint one but took my name and number. He phoned us yesterday and said he has it and best one yet. He is going to be at the Indian Wells Art Fest this weekend and will have it for us to see. For some reason I just think this is such cool beans to have a local artist paint something just for us. We are going there tomorrow so I will let you know if it comes home with us.
I finally mailed this out last Monday because I could not stop adding more details to it and I needed to move on. Cindee says she loves it and it was more than she ever imagined. I am so glad. I have already finished a small piece for the art show and now I am working on another SW piece similar to the one I did before with Kokopelli. I think it will be fun to hang in my own house as well.

I feel so sad when I go to the mailbox and there is still no payment. I should not have to ask and yet I so deserve to be rewarded for all my hard work.
Sorry for sounding a bit pathetic here and there...off to wine!
Thanks for dropping by.


1 comment:

  1. My only regret about not having kids for a long while is that I think you & Papa are the coolest grandparents.
    I'm too cynical at this point in my life, and the reason is because I work primarily with kids/parents/families every day at the pool. I handle all of their problems, listen to the screaming, etc. It's made me very embittered toward the entire concept; parents thinking their ugly kid is the center of the universe, or else parents who make the whole thing look agonizing, which then makes me wonder why they have so MANY kids plus another bun in the oven. I have very little patience for the kids themselves too. They expect to be coddled, and I expect them to do as I say.

    On the plus side, it has given me a total reality check about what parenting life is really like. I think that is extremely important, because so many folks don't seem to put enough thought into it and then act surprised when it's not all playing dress-up.
    I do want to be a parent eventually, but probably through adopting a kid and keeping a smaller family without the fuss & overbearing stuff.

    ReplyDelete