Thursday, June 23, 2011

How do we let go of the past?

As you all know we are still waiting to hear from the bank if we have indeed purchased a house in the desert. I did not know we could survive this much frustration and there have been moments we wanted to throw in the towel. However our adventures over the past month have proven to be great fun and good times so we keep on going. The past few days we have been organizing and searching thru our four storage units for items we can donate or eliminate. Its not easy when so many of them represent our life as a family and are full of wonderful memories. Jerry and I hold on to items we think those imaginary grandkids might enjoy and we cant seem to believe its time to downsize. How long do we store things not knowing if a reason will ever come? I don't have the answer and I guess as long as we both feel this way we continue on.

Every memory and photo of Timothy had a bear in it and he would be curled up in Big Bear's arms reading or hugging several as he slept. They all willing wore glasses when he had to and shared his travels. Stuffed animals were such a part of all three boys lives and I like to think taught them to love.

Look at their sweet faces and tell me how I dump them? I KNOW! We are just marshmallows when it comes to the sentimental bits and pieces of the past 32 years together. They all mean way too much to no one but us...



The best news is today we have been invited to our friend's resort, campground, cabins, burger ice cream joint and B and B in Lake Almanor CA. Its near Shasta and suppose to be beautiful and again a new destination to add to our adventure! We will be there July 1-15 and we both plan to go to work helping to run the place! I have been eying the wonderful floating chairs at Costco and think I may have a reason to bring one home! What could be better than leisurely floating on a lake? I KNOW... its heavenly! I guess the morale of this story and pretty much everything that has come our way lately is this~ flow with it. With an open mind and heart you might find yourself having a really good time and doing the unexpected!

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! I know it's hard to get rid of stuff and I do sympathize with you but....stuffed animals from your grown men sons?? You need like "nanny 911" only "storage unit 911"!!
    How lucky to go help run the fun resort for a couple weeks! I'm so jealous!! Can you be like the burger flipper/shake maker?? What a blast for you two, esp for the 4th of July!
    Have fun!
    xoxo
    sorry what I said about hanging onto the stuffed animal...tough love from the cuz. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Janet that we need to let go and I am hoping when we get moved to go thru everything donate it all. Maybe to someplace like Joplin where kids have lost everything and would love new toys. I just cant do the Goodwill drop off thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take them! I have a cute bear & monkey on my bed, and I cuddle with them both. Greg gets jealous, hahah.

    ReplyDelete