Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Almost over...

We are packing up today...well at least taking unnecessary items to storage and trying to eliminate some of the stuff we brought with us. Do we really need so many clothes and shoes for this next adventure? I don't know and the fact that I do not know where we will end up makes the choices even more difficult.
We were invited to Manchester about an half hour north and it faces east to Seattle so killer views. I had the good fortune of walking their beach before dinner and here is what I found. I am so excited about the large piece with lettering on it! Seriously how cool is that?! Three more pieces of pottery and more bits and pieces. I wish I had more time there...it was a sea glass dream. Oh well.

Sunday I went to church with one of my bfs and was so happy to see a church full of people sharing their faith. I am sad that so many think if you believe in God you are weak or can't think for yourself. Religion has taken such a bad turn that I feel it necessary to defend myself and yet I dont question anyone elses choice to not believe. We all need to believe in something and for me I choose the Lord.
From church we went home changed clothes and headed off to golf...I have not walked 18 holes in quite some time and came home with a very painful blister. Ouch! It was just a great day being with a friend that makes me feel comfortable and honest.  Wish our lives were not going in different directions but our hearts are similar and our friendship will remain.
One more very cool photo to share with you...sorry I emailed it out to some of you already.  Jerry dug out a little tripod and was able to get this wonderful photo of our neighbor. We have so enjoyed watching the parents and two 'babies' hang out in our beach area. So very majestic and beautiful.
Only two days left in WA and while seeing old friends has been great fun, we are ready for the next stop.

1 comment:

  1. "Religion may have become synonymous with deep philosophical issues, but it is love and compassion that lie at the heart of religion."
    - His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

    ReplyDelete