Saturday, June 25, 2011

Latest project...

I received this coat stand from my grandfather when I was very young. It started off a pale pink and moved onto a goldenrod yellow in my teens. For quite some time it has been a base coat white and pretty beat up. I keep defending its existence because it literally is all I have from my grandparents except good memories. So we pulled it out of storage this week, sanded it and I painted it a light soft green. Today I added grapevines and gotta tell you I am feeling disappointed. I visualized something way better than I was capable of painting on a first try. I took the photo outside to distract you from its faults but in doing so it looks worse than it is. Jerry and I are in discussion over whether I should add small clusters of purple grapes here and there. Feel free to cast your vote...
Photo does not do it justice...you will simply have to trust me!!
I will agree it is a huge improvement over what it was and will
be an asset in my cute cottage one day!!



OK I could not wait for your votes especially when I am not sure anyone really cares or reads my blog. I just added lovely little  purple grapes and voila it is soooo much better!  I so should have known everything is better with grapes!

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to really see from the small pics, but I don't think it looks bad at all. Definitely awesome with the grapes. I can't pick up on the light green (it looks white in the pics) so it must be very subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, looks good from what I can see! Looks like you're having fun anyway.

    ReplyDelete