Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gracie's week at the campground~

 Grace seems to have settled down and is starting to enjoy lake resort life. She swam at the lake and loves to bite at the little waves. She has  also made friends with the campground boys and they all ask if she can join in their pick up games. She doesn't need to be asked twice and sometimes I have to tell her ease up missy~ She was moving so fast tonight I could barely capture her on film.  She has chosen her favorite player and pretty much shadows him and I am grateful he likes her so much.  She has taken a few balls to the face and licks her paws when she gets home but all in all she is a basketball queen.
She has always been a finicky eater and skips meals regularly but this mountain life has made her so hungry we caught her eating the cat's food.  She even asks for seconds and down the hatch it goes!
Yesterday we took her into the Caribou Wilderness and we hiked along the river.  It was so  beautiful, peaceful and the only sound was the rushing water. There is something so awesome about letting your dog be a dog and run free in a place like that. No leash and no rules...she had a blast!  She loved running thru the river and we crossed it walking on big logs. I would look back to see how she was doing and she would be ahead of me. I guess I was the cautious one and holding her back!  Hurry up Mom!
Too bad we are already packing up now that she finally feels at home. Time for a few more walks and another game of basketball with the boys. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Aw now I am jealous of these other boys getting to play with my girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she's finally loving it there.....so cute that dog!

    ReplyDelete