Friday, July 8, 2011

One week down and still no where to go.

I cannot believe we have already been here one week. No word from the bank except that they are in disagreement with the lenders about the tax lien. If I am honest with myself I don't think I even want the house anymore. We are only two weeks away from the 5 month mark of waiting and I personally can't just keep killing time. After spending a week by a lake I really think I want to return to MN for my summers. It would be going home and where we are most happy. Mostly though I want to be creative again and feed my soul and that wont happen until we have a place called home. We spent the night in Medford OR on our way here and while taking a walk with Grace I came upon a Bernina sewing store. My machine is a Bernina and that baby has done nothing but performed without a complaint. It was too early for them to be open so after breakfast I asked my man if we could please walk thru. He surprised me completely when he said yes and then didnt even rush me. The owner spent quite a bit of time discussing the machines and all the new technology that has so surpassed my baby. I walked to the back of the store and the owner's wife had made an award winning wallhanging that took my breath away. I could not believe how beautiful and detailed it was. Now I want to spend a week or so there taking her classes and hanging out trying to be in her league. This is just one part of it and do you see why I am in such awe? Wowie zowie!
The 4th of July was rescued from becoming just another day when Tim's cousin invited us on their boat for the fireworks. It was a beautiful evening, good company and Lake Almanor did itself proud with  wonderful explosions.

I decided I could not stand another day of lake life without a boat so I headed into Chester, the only town, about 7 miles away.  Grace could not stand being left on the shore so she endured our inflatable yacht without one hole poke! Good girl Gracie!
The past three mornings I have set my alarm (no easy feat since its never used!) and headed down to the Frosty to work. I mainly make the cinnamon rolls and help out where I can so that I don't feel so guilty about staying here for free. They are delicious no thanks to me and on an average day we sell 8 to 10 dozen. Seriously they are big business and big in size and people line up for them...
For me the best part about working here is they have an ice cream machine like DQ and there is nothing I like better. Yum!

Tomorrow there is an arts festival with bbq going on somewhere close so that is the big plan. Sunday I am driving to Reno to meet a cousin I do not know. We reconnected on FB and our grandmothers were sisters. We met when we were very young and felt it was time to meet again. Always room for new relatives in my life!  I am also dropping Tim off at the airport so he can fly back to GH for a couple of weeks. I am kind of hoping we might make plans to move on to San Diego area next week but we shall see.... Linda might need us more than ever.
I hope you have not all dropped off this was so long...can I ask fellow bloggers...do you ever wonder if anyone is reading your page or does it simply not matter??
xo

3 comments:

  1. I think people read them. Sometimes I get weird anonymous comments, so who knows who in the heck THAT could be. I hope you enjoy the festival today and then Reno tomorrow : )
    I liked your stuff about Medford. There are a lot of cool places in Oregon, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am just now catching up on all your new entries. Neal had my computer on his trip and I lost touch for a bit.
    I think MN is a good idea for you guys for the time being.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, the rolls look awesome but where's your hairnet???

    ReplyDelete