Sunday, August 28, 2011

Minnesota scores

I love the character of this old pulley!
I have a renewed passion for antique stores and the treasures they hold...I thought I was over it when I moved away from here but I can't help myself. I find the pieces of the past fascinating and full of character unlike anything I can find new today. Maybe because everything new is made in China and basically looks like it wont be in your life long. I woke this morning and decided to show you all my new treasures so you might understand my love for old. (I will not include any photos of my man with these! JK my JK!)

You saw my fishing bag before but our friend took this professional shot of it with JK's new reel.
Below are old oil lamp holders...the white one is in our house and we had no idea why...ashtray? Violet plant holder? We found out they were for oil lamps and some actually have deflectors attached to send the light back into the room. Jerry found the black one for us and I am thinking if nothing else it would be wonderful by the BBQ to hold his beer!    Yesterday he found another really nice one so now we have one for his beer and one for a future violet I hope to have!!                                    


This is an old tailgate with license plates of our years. I may need a bit of rust removal for mine.
This was put in our trash can last week and I think it has great potential!

Antique ornaments like we grew up with on our trees and so fragile!


This is an old hay rake with wooden pegs I will hang small treasures on like my antique ornaments!
                     
I found four of these Waterford glasses for about the price of one! Our cocktails never tasted better!!

1 comment: