Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stillwater and up to Alexandria

We arrived in Minneapolis Sunday afternoon and I had reservations for one of our favorite restaurants on Lake Minnetonka. They have the best walleye dinner and if you are in MN you simply must have walleye whenever possible. It was crazy to see all these huge yachts pulling into the marina to stop and have dinner or play volleyball. It was one of those 80 degree evening and absolutely perfect for enjoying summer.

Monday I asked to go to Stillwater which is a wonderful old town on the St Croix river with a lift bridge into Wisconsin. Did you know there are only 3 lift bridges left in the US? It was very cool to see it rise for a boat while we dined on the patio. I wanted to show you the restaurant because the last time we were there was 20 yrs ago and we were pushing Kyle in a stroller. Memories!
We went strolling thru the town which has numerous antique stores...I know...I dont need anything but I simply melt over old things with character. I FELL in love with this stain glass window and kept returning to look at it again. Isn't it gorgeous?! I am sure you are saying to yourself "Yes Cher it is but what the heck would you do with it?" I kept asking myself the same question and could not come up with an answer so sadly it is still in Stillwater waiting for a home. Boy its pretty...
I did get to come away with a treasure and something I have wanted for quite some time. Jerry found a vintage bamboo fly fishing rod to go with it and we are now perfectly matched.I had to show you a close up because its so darn cute!

We arrived at our lake rental yesterday and we are in heaven. It was built in 1893 and is the most exquisite piece of property on any lake here. We are truly blessed to be here since we found out they have never rented it our before. As I sit here looking out at the lake in every direction I can hear loons calling  and there is nothing better. We have not seen or heard one mosquito since we arrived in Mn so all in all its pretty wonderful.
I feel like my man is hoping I give him permission to walk away from the desert house and just stay and fish and enjoy being on the lakes with friends. It feels like home here for sure. I just cannot imagine how many people will be angry at us if we change course at this time. At what point to you follow your hearts over the logical safe choice that everyone is expecting you to do? We are so confused and frustrated at our timing..I don't expect any of you to understand just sharing whats in my heart and mind at the moment. My man is out fishing in the sunset so off I go to enjoy the evening as well. Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. I must say, this house looks gorgeous!!!! Maybe you can arrange to stay there every summer??? What a great plan that would be!!

    ReplyDelete